Oral history interview with Samuel Loebel and Bella Cohen Spewack, 1958
|Creator: ||Spewack, Samuel, 1899-1971||Project: ||Popular arts project. |
(see all project interviews)
|Phys. Desc. :||sound file : digital preservation master, WAV files (96 kHz, 24 bit)|
|Location: ||Columbia Center for Oral History|
|Full CLIO record >>|
Authors, screenwriters; interviewees are married
Scope and Contents
Bella Spewack's early career as writer and publicity agent; work with Girl Scouts and Camp Fire Girls; Samuel Spewack's beginnings as correspondent for the WORLD, 1918-1926: reporters and speakeasies, the Sacco-Vanzetti case, foreign coverage; their collaboration on plays and screenwriting; Hollywood in the 1930s. Audio is comprised of narrator's excerpts from the Westinghouse Broadcasting Company's radio program series "Memoirs of the Movies" and an additional audio excerpt
- Franklin, Joan, interviewer.
- Franklin, Robert, interviewer.
- Motion pictures.
- Oral histories (literary works)
- Spewack, Bella Cohen, 1899-1990, interviewee.
- Spewack, Bella Cohen, 1899-1990--Interviews.
- Spewack, Samuel, 1899-1971--Interviews.
- Women authors--Interviews.