Oral history interview with Ma Chaojun, 1961
Ma Chaojun was born in Kwangtung. He moved to San Francisco in 1902 and worked as a dockworker. While there, he met Sun Yat-Sen. Upon returning to China, Ma worked for Sun as a propagandist among arsenal workers and was involved in revolutionary activity in southern China. Ma was opposed to Communist influence in the labor movement and cooperation with the Soviet Union and Chinese Communist Party. He served in various posts in the Nationalist government from 1927-1949.
Scope and Contents
In this interview, Ma Chaojun discusses Nationalist politics and important personalities in the movement. Ma was with Sun Yat-sen during the Northern Expedition, and he describes this experience.
- China--History--Northern Expedition, 1926-1928.
- China--Politics and government--20th century.
- China--Politics and government--1912-1949.
- Guo, Tingyi, 1904-1975, interviewer.
- Liu, Fenghan, 1930- interviewer.
- Ma, Chaojun, 1886-1977--Interviews.
- Oral histories
- Wang, Yujun, interviewer.
- Zhongguo guo min dang.