Oral history interview with Fu Bingchang, 1960
Fu Bingchang was born in Guangdong and was educated in Hong Kong. Fu served under Wu Tingfang and his son Wu Chaoshu in Guangdong from 1918 to 1926. Fu was a member of the Legislative Yuan in Nanking and participated in the drafting of the new Civil Code. He also served as the Deputy foreign minister during the Sino-Japanese War.
Scope and Contents
The interview focuses on Fu Bingchang's career as a legal expert and a diplomat during the Republican China period. He talks about his experience serving under the Wu's in Guangdong and comments on prominent southern politicians. The interview is accompanied by 40 pages of English abstract and translation.
- China--History, Military--1912-1949.
- China--Politics and government--20th century.
- China--Politics and government--1912-1949.
- Fu, Bingchang, 1895-1965--Interviews.
- Guo, Tingyi, 1904-1975, interviewer.
- Oral histories
- Shen, Yunlong, interviewer.
- Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945.
- Xie, Wensun, interviewer.
- Zhongguo guo min dang.