Oral history interview with Li Pinxian, 1961
Li Pinxian was born in Guangxi. Li had a military education and served in Tang Shengzhi's Hunan Army from 1916 to 1928. After returning to Guangxi in 1930, he administered the provincial military. He was appointed as the Governor of Anhui from 1939 until 1948, he was appointed as a commander of the Border Region.
Scope and Contents
In this interview, Li discusses his military education, rose to power in the Tang Army, and held military positions during the Northern Expedition. He also describes the defeat of the Nationalist government's armies and its retreat to Taiwan. The interview is accompanied by 14 pages of English abstract and translation.
- China--History, Military--1912-1949.
- China--Politics and government--20th century.
- China--Politics and government--1912-1949.
- Guo, Tingyi, 1904-1975, interviewer.
- Jia, Tingshi, interviewer.
- Li, Pinxian--Interviews.
- Oral histories
- Shen, Yunlong, interviewer.
- Xie, Wensun, interviewer.
- Zhongguo guo min dang.