Reminiscences of Orvil A. Anderson : oral history, 1959.
Air Force officer.
Scope and Contents
Recollections of General Arnold from 1938; War Department policy on planes; fighters vs. bombers; Lend-Lease; expansion of forces, 1941-1942; problems of allocation and division of appropriations; organization of United States Air Force; Joint Chiefs and Joint Planning Staff; Pearl Harbor attack; Ploesti raid, 1942. Impressions of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, General George C. Marshall, Admiral Ernest J. King, and others.
- Aeronautics, Military.
- Air pilots--Interviews.
- Anderson, Orvil A., 1895-1965.
- Arnold, Henry Harley, 1886-1950.
- Lend-lease operations (1941-1945)
- Oral histories.
- Shaughnessy, Donald F., interviewer.
- United States. Air Force.
- United States. Army Air Forces.
- United States. War Department--Appropriations and expenditures.
- World War, 1939-1945--Aerial operations, American.
- World War, 1939-1945.
Permission required to cite, quote, and reproduce. Contact repository for information.