Reminiscences of Michael Late Benedum : oral history, 1951.
Scope and Contents
Firsthand account of early days of oil development: wildcatting, buying leases and royalty rights, experiences drilling and opening fields in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Illinois; later larger operations in Texas and Louisiana; expansion, financial arrangements; building gas pipelines and marketing natural gas; transportation and storage problems; geology and geophysics; Mexican undertakings with E.L. Doheny; impressions of John Archbold, Joseph Trees.
- Benedum, Michael Late, 1869-1959.
- Doheny, Edward L. (Edward Laurence), 1856-1935.
- Hill, Frank Ernest, 1888-1969, interviewer.
- Investments, Foreign.
- Nevins, Allan, 1890-1971, interviewer.
- Oral histories.
- Petroleum industry and trade.
Permission requred to cite, quote, and reproduce. Contact repository for information.