Reminiscences of Herbert Clark Hoover : oral history, 1950
Engineer, government official, president
Scope and Contents
Role in developing policy on radio broadcasting as Secretary of Commerce, 1921-27; annual radio conference, 1922-25; allocation of wave lengths, problems of monopoly, censorship, commercial use; Federal Radio Act, 1927; Aimee Semple McPherson; Federal Radio Commission; amateur operators
- Amateur radio stations.
- Government executives--United States--Interviews.
- Hill, Frank Ernest, 1888-1969, interviewer.
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964--Interviews.
- McPherson, Aimee Semple, 1890-1944.
- Nevins, Allan, 1890-1971, interviewer.
- Oral histories.
- Presidents--United States--Interviews.
- Radio--Law and legislation.
- United States. Department of Commerce.
- United States. Federal Radio Commission.
Copyright by The Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York, 1975
(cont.) repository for information