Reminiscences of Goldwaite Higginson Dorr : oral history, 1962.
|Creator: ||Dorr, Goldthwaite Higginson, 1876-1977.||Project: ||Individual interviews oral history collection. |
(see all project interviews)
|Phys. Desc. :||Transcript: 647 leaves. Tape: 1 reel. Miscellaneous papers relating to oral history.|
|Location: ||Columbia Center for Oral History|
|Full CLIO record >>|
Scope and Contents
Harvard, European travel; early law practice; assistant United States Attorney; War Department, 1917-19; renegotiating war contracts conversion to peace; law practice, New York; travels in Middle East, 1931; World War II, special assistant to Secretary of War; Hoover Commission on Law Observance, 1930-31; Cotton Textile Code and early days of National Recovery Administration, 1932-33; Cabinet Committee to prepare joint plan with British for solution to Palestine problem, 1947; International Refugees and Displaced Persons Bills, 1947; International Relief Organization, 1948; problems of European migration, Migration Conference, 1950; representative of Defense Department at Council of Foreign Ministers meeting in
(cont.) Paris, 1949; travels; Joseph McCarthy era. Impressions of Presidents Theodore Roosevelt, William H. Taft, Herbert Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman; of Henry L. Stimson, Robert P. Patterson, Benedict Crowell, Hugh Johnson, and many other political figures.
- Burner, David, 1937-, interviewer.
- Dorr, Goldthwaite Higginson, 1876-1977.
- Government executives--United States--Interviews.
- Ingersoll, William T., interviewer.
- International agencies.
- Law--United States.
- Link, Wendell, interviewer.
- New Deal, 1933-1939.
- Oral histories.
- Political refugees.
- Practice of law.
- United States--Economic policy.
- United States--Foreign relations--1945-1989.
- United States--Politics and government--1933-1945.
- United States. Department of Defense.
- United States. National Recovery Administration.
- United States. War Department.